How do I add my online payment processor to my website?
Some clients have online payment options that they would like to be made available on their new TaxProMarketer website. This is not a requirement but it is a convenient option for many tax professionals. While TaxProMarketer is more than willing to add payment links to your TaxProMarketer website, please note you or your team will be responsible for purchasing and setting up any of the following items:
- Payment Processors- A payment processor is a company appointed by a merchant to handle transactions from various channels such as credit cards and debit cards for merchant acquiring banks. PayPal and Square are examples of this type of company.
- Shopping Carts- Shopping cart software is a piece of e-commerce software on a website that allows visitors to select items for purchase. The software allows online shopping customers to accumulate a list of items for purchase. This is rarely, if ever, needed for those offering professional services. Examples of this would be WordPress Shopping Cart, WooCommerce, Paypal Shopping Cart, Shopify, and Website Shopping Cart.
- Merchant Accounts- A merchant account is a type of bank account that allows businesses to accept payments in multiple ways, typically debit or credit cards. A percentage of the purchase price and/or a flat fee per transaction are typically charged to the seller for the use of their service.
- A direct link or URL used to redirect visitors to your payment page.
- The embedding code provided by your merchant account. This code will serve as the housing for the entire purchasing and money transfer process on your TaxProMarketer website.