Best Practices for Headshots
Format: JPG or PNG
Size: Between 10KB and 5MB
Minimum DPI: 72dpi
Preferable minimum resolution: 560px tall, 460px wide
Absolutely lowest minimum: 300px x 300px
- The photo should be in focus and well lit.
- Uniform lighting (no shadows or reflections) with appropriate brightness and contrast to show natural skin tone.
- No extreme photoshop alterations or excessive use of filters.
- No marks or 'red eye'.
- The image should represent a professional appearance.
- A simple background that contrasts with your face.
While we typically do not recommend selfies, smartphone cameras have increased in photo resolution, so we do make exceptions to this recommendation. Here is a link that gives helpful advice on taking a professional selfie: How to Take a Professional Selfie