Best Practices for Headshots
Format: JPG or PNG
Size: Between 10KB and 5MB
Minimum DPI: 72dpi
Preferable minimum resolution: 560px tall, 460px wide
Absolutely lowest minimum: 300px x 300px
- The photo should be in focus and well lit.
- Uniform lighting (no shadows or reflections) with appropriate brightness and contrast to show natural skin tone.
- No extreme photoshop alterations or excessive use of filters.
- No marks or 'red eye'.
- The image should represent a professional appearance.
- A simple background that contrasts with your face.
We do not recommend selfies, but here is a link that gives helpful advice
on taking a professional selfie: How to Take a Professional Selfie